If you are looking for an easy way to create branded content without learning complex design software, Adobe Express (formerly Adobe Spark) may be your answer. Whether you need to create a flyer for an upcoming event, social media content for your business, or just want to make some simple edits to a PDF document, Adobe Express has you covered. This blog will look at eight facts about Adobe Express you might not know.
We have seen how the content creation landscape has drastically changed. The elevation of AI tools creates accessible content creation, enabling more brands with tighter budgets to market themselves. Anyone can now create anytime, anywhere with tools like Adobe Express.
If you find it shocking that we are sharing this valuable resource as a branding and design firm, don’t be! We’ve leveraged Adobe Express for years to help our clients maintain and grow the brands we design. We train our clients on managing their assets so they can feel confident about marketing their brand.
A Brief History of Adobe Spark to Adobe Express
Before we get into the juicy details of Adobe Express, we’ll cover a short history as many believe this is a “new competitor to Canva,” when in fact, they’ve been around for many years.
1. Adobe Express launched in December 2015 as an iOS app known as Adobe Post. It later became known as Adobe Spark when it released its desktop version in 2016.
2. Adobe Express started as a family of Spark Video, Spark Page, and Spark Post. Spark Post is what we now call Adobe Express. Spark Video and Spark Page still retain their original name.
3. In 2018, the first and only course on Adobe Spark Post launched on LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com). Since then, Adobe Express has evolved so much that Nicte and LinkedIn teamed up again for a completely new course: Learning Adobe Express. This video covers some of the incredible evolution of Adobe Express.
Creating Content Just Got Easier
4. Content creation can sometimes feel overwhelming—especially if design feels overwhelming. With Adobe Express, you have access to THOUSANDS of professionally designed templates that you can easily modify to make your own.
You can use the search field to get specific about the templates you want to use or go broad with your search. This video from our course covers this in-depth.
5. Brands in Adobe Express allow you to quickly set up a brand with your logos, colors, fonts, and custom branded templates. This feature is the one used the most with our clients when developing their brand! It speeds up your content creation workflow, and it allows anyone using these assets to stay on brand.
6. With Adobe Express, you’ll never be confined to your desktop or laptop again. You can start on the web and finish on your mobile device. No matter where you are, you can use the app to create content as your designs will sync across your Adobe Creative Cloud.
7. Quick Actions will be your new best friend in Adobe Express! Use quick actions to remove backgrounds, blend effects, crop and trim videos, combine and edit PDFs, and more! This video from our course covers an in-depth look at Quick Actions.
8.One of the latest features of Adobe Express is the capability to schedule your social media content using Schedule! If you have been manually posting your content or are tired of switching back and forth between third-party apps, you can now schedule your content across your Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook. This feature is available to Adobe Express premium plans and Creative Cloud plans.
Adobe Express is a great way to create professional-looking graphics quickly. With thousands of templates to choose from, you can find the perfect one for your needs and customize it to make your own, or start from scratch with custom branded templates. You can create on the web, finish on mobile, and schedule your social media posts.
If you want to learn more about using Adobe Creative Cloud Express, be sure to check out my latest course Learning Adobe Creative Cloud Express. In this course, we show you all of the features of Adobe Express to get started creating content right away!